Batman and Robin

For someone whose age goes way beyond the 60s and 70s, Brian Vann and Alan Holden sure have have a passion and mind of a teenager. For one thing, Brian Vann, a 74 years old retired construction worker, managed to change his old electric scooter to what we can say a pretty good batmobile. 


Brian created this mobile after deciding to join the Cancer Research relay race which he did it in the memory of his wife. It took only four weeks to finish and Brian now is very happy as his creation was praised and make people smile.

'People drive past in their cars and stop when they see me, get out, and ask for a photo. I've had loads of people tell me how much they like the scooter.

'I feel like a bit of a celebrity - I know how the Beckhams must feel when I go out in my Batmobile.


'It's a bit of a laugh and if it brings a smile to people's faces, then it's done the job.'



Even better, if Brian is the Batman, the sidekick, Robin was taken by Alan Holding, Brian's friend. You can see the pictures of Brian and his sidekick here. Watching this grandfather of 5 really makes me wonder, at what age must we stop having passion? The answer is none. We must never stop and pursue our dreams no matter at what age we start. It is never too late. =)

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008318/Holy-Smokes-Batman-A-great-granddad-transformed-mobility-scooter-Batmobile.html?ITO=1490

0 comments:

Post a Comment